SUMMARY OF PRIVACY NOTICE
This summary Privacy Notice ("Summary Notice") will provide you with a summary of the accompanied, detailed Privacy Notice (hereafter "Full Notice", together "Summary and Full Notice") on the data processing activities of Casio Computer Co. Ltd, located at 6-2, Hon-machi 1-chome, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 151-8543, Japan ("Casio", "our", "we" or "us") with respect to individually identifiable information ("Personal Data") about users of our site https://keisan.casio.com/ ("Website").
Scope of applicability
This Summary and Full Notice applies to you if you are a user of our Website.
Processing of your Personal Data (categories of Personal Data)
We process the following of your Personal Data collected during your visit of our Website: your IP-address, host name, user agent, browser identification, referrer, the date/time of your access to the Website, your nickname, your email address and any other information relating to any individuals which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or via other forms of interaction with you. For more details see 1. of the Full Notice or click here.
We process your Personal Data for the following purposes: (i) completing your user account regisration, (ii) managing and administering your account, and operating the services provided on our Website, and (iii) getting in contact with you concerning your queries, security and fraud prevention. For more details see 2. of the Full Notice or click here.
Legal justifications for the processing of your Personal Data
One of the key privacy law requirements is that any processing of Personal Data has to have a legal justification. We generally use the following legal justifications: (1) You have given your consent to the processing (Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR; "Consent Justification"), (2) the processing is necessary for (a) compliance with a legal obligation (Art. 6(1)(c) GDPR; "Legal Obligation Justification") and (b) realizing a legitimate interest (Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR; "Legitimate Interest Justification"). For more details and the matching of purposes and corresponding legal justifications see 3. of the Full Notice or click here.
Data transfers and recipients and legal justification for such transfers
We transfer your Personal Data to our service providers, and, in accordance with applicable law, other governmental authorities, courts, external advisors, and similar third parties, some of the aforementioned recipients located in jurisdictions outside the EU. For more details see 4. of the Full Notice or click here.
Retention periods for and deletion of your Personal Data
Your Personal Data will be deleted once they are not any longer needed for the purposes motivating their original collection or as required by applicable law. For more details see 5. of the Full Notice or click here.
Your statutory rights
You have a number of rights with regard to the processing of your Personal Data, each as per the conditions defined in applicable law, such as the right to have access to your Personal Data, to have them corrected, erased or handed over. Please refer any of your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more details see 6. of the Full Notice or click here.
Changes of this Summary and Full Notice as well as further notices
This Summary and Full Notice are subject to change. You will be notified adequately of any such changes. Further, you will be notified adequately through further relevant privacy notices (e.g. for specific purposes) in case such is not covered by this Summary and the Full Notice.
How to contact us
If you wish to exercise your data subject rights or if you have any other questions concerning this Summary and Full Notice, please address your request to us , who can be contacted at the following addresses:
Our contact information:
Company name: Casio Computer Co. Ltd.
Address: 6-2, Hon-machi 1-chome, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 151-8543, Japan
E-mail address: email@example.com
We are delighted about your interest in our Website. Your privacy is important to us. Hereafter, we provide you with detailed information on dealing with your personal data on this Website.
This Full Notice is applicable for the Website only. Other Casio websites may be governed by other privacy policies. Please also note that parts of the Website may contain links to such other Casio websites or third party websites which may be governed by other privacy policies.
- your nickname and your email address (hereinafter jointly "User Account Data");
- your IP-address, host name, user agent, browser identification, referrer, and the date/time of your access to the Website (hereinafter jointly "Technical Data"); and
- any other information relating to any individuals which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or via other forms of interaction with you (hereinafter jointly "Form Data").
- to provide the Website in an optimized way for you and to currently enhance the user experience of the Website and our services (hereinafter jointly "Quality Purposes");
- to complete your user account registration, to verify your identity, to manage and administer your user account (hereinafter jointly "Performance Purposes"); and
- to get in contact with you concerning your queries, security and fraud prevention (hereinafter jointly "Contact Purposes).
|Processing purposes||Categories of Your Data involved||Legal basis|
|Quality Purposes||Technical Data||Legitimate Interest Justification|
User Account Data
User Account Data
Legitimate Interest Justification
Our legitimate interest is to address any query you submit as well as to detect and prevent any possible fraud.
- Other group companies: We transfer Your Data to other Casio group companies, as permitted under applicable data protection law pursuant to Legitimate Interest Justification of Casio to facilitate the contact with you and your queries.
- Third parties: We may transfer Your Data to governmental agencies and regulators, courts, and government authorities, all in accordance with applicable law based on Legal Obligation Justification and to external advisors acting as controllers (e.g., lawyers, accountants, auditors etc.) based on Legitimate Interest Justification.
- Service providers: We contract with third party service providers as part of our normal business operations to provide the Website and related services to you (i.e., cloud service provider).
- A list of data recipients can be found in the Annex containing the identity, short description of the processing activity and location of the relevant data recipients.
4.2 Cross-Border Data Transfers
- We may transfer Your Data outside of the country you are located. Some recipients of Your Data are also located in another country for which the European Commission has not issued a decision that this country ensures an adequate level of data protection, namely: Japan.
- By way of entering into appropriate data transfer agreements based on Standard Contractual Clauses (2010/87/EU and/or 2004/915/EC) as referred to in Art. 46(5) GDPR or other adequate means, which are accessible at Here, we have established that all recipients located outside the EEA will provide an adequate level of data protection for Your Data and that appropriate technical and organizational security measures are in place to protect Your Data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss or alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, and against all other unlawful forms of processing. Any onward transfer is subject to appropriate onward transfer requirements as required by applicable law.
- Your Data processed for the purposes hereunder will be stored only to the extent necessary. If a judicial action is initiated, Your Data may be stored until the end of such action, including any potential periods for appeal, and will then be deleted or archived as permitted by applicable law.
- In principle, we will retain Your Data as long as required or permitted by applicable law. Afterwards, we will remove Your Data from our systems and records and/or take steps to properly anonymize it so that you can no longer be identified from it.
Under the conditions set out under applicable law (i.e., the GDPR), you have the following rights:
- Right of access: You have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not Personal Data concerning you is being processed, and, where that is the case, to request access to the Personal Data. The access information includes – inter alia – the purposes of the processing, the categories of Personal Data concerned, and the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the Personal Data have been or will be disclosed.
You have the right to obtain a copy of the Personal Data undergoing processing. For additional copies requested by you, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate Personal Data concerning you. Depending on the purposes of the processing, you have the right to have incomplete Personal Data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
- Right to erasure (right to be forgotten): You have the right to ask us to erase your Personal Data.
- Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to request the restriction of processing your Personal Data. In this case, the respective data will be marked and may only be processed by us for certain purposes.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive the Personal Data concerning you which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you have the right to transmit those Personal Data to another entity without hindrance from us.
- Right to withdraw your consent: If you have given your consent regarding certain types of processing activities, you can withdraw this consent at any time with future effect. Such a withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing prior to the consent withdrawal.
Please note that the aforementioned rights might be limited under the applicable national data protection law. We remain the universal point of contact for your execution of these rights.
Please refer any of your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case of complaints you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, in particular in the member state of your habitual residence or alleged infringement of the GDPR.
Summary and Full Notice last updated: September 12, 2018
|#||Name of Data Recipient||Location||Receiving Data as Controller or Processor||Short description of processing activities||Safeguards|